Antigua St John's - In early January, Caribarena released photographs of the Chinese Power Plant which, at a glance, exposed the engines' condition.
However, Caribarena has been analyzing these photos more closely, leading to a troubling discovery.
One of the photographs shows the model number on one of the six MAN-SXD 12vMAN32-40 engines that operate the power plant.
There’s just one problem, the model number reads “12vMAN30-40”.
Caribarena has researched and verified that there is no model of MAN engines named “12vMAN30-40”.
How is it possible that such a mistake could happen?
How could MAN-SXD, as well as the engineers at APUA, fail to notice such an obvious mistake?
The process of purchasing a power plant involves multiple checks and tests to ensure the engines are up to standard.
To date, no one, not APUA, the government, Ambassador David Shoul, the Chinese Embassy, Beijing Construction, XMEA, or MAN-SXD has provided any documentation showing which tests were performed, when they were performed, or where they took place.
Caribarena, however, received insight from an experienced engineer on the general process of purchasing a power plant.
According to this source, the following procedures must take place immediately after the purchase of a power plant, at the supplier’s test beds:
(1) Verification of the engine-by-engine block and date of manufacturing numbers, as certified by both parties, and an independent inspector.
(2) Testing of the engine at various loads up to full load capacity with all operating parameters recorded real time from the computer system. These operating parameters include: temperatures of fuel, water, lube oil, exhaust valves, turbochargers, liners, charge air, and all bearings.
(3) Fuel and lube oil consumptions must also be measured.
(4) Crankshaft deflection readings must be taken after the tests and the engine crankcase (belly) is opened for inspection, and also at least two power units including pistons, cylinder heads, connecting rods, main bearings, and conrod bearings are disassembled for inspection.
(5) Test certificates are produced at the end of this test and inspections, with all the signatures of the supplier, purchaser, and independent inspector.
Were any of these tests conducted on the Chinese Power Plant? Were any test certificates created to prove that the engines are up to international standards, and if so, why have the above-mentioned parties refused to release them to the public?
Thus far, the government has not gone beyond attacking the media over its handling of this important issue. And despite the significance of the questions raised by both the media and the public, the government seems determined to maintain its indifferent stance.
See related stories:
|ANY INFO ON HOLIDAY LETTINGS AT BARRYMORE BEACH CLUB RUNNAWAY BAY||0|
|first caribbean international bank||0|
|how can i get in touch with Dilana R. the professional singer?||0|
|Who was antigua's first Govenor General||1|
|WHICH ONE OF THE BIRD IS DEAD||1|
|Was there a police report filed by Royal Caribbean Vision of the seas for the man, wife and 11 yr old child removed from the ship on December 20th, 2012 ? He allegedly attacked a man with a service dog on the ship and was set on the dock that day with hi||0||30783|
|PWD in shambles, what is the purpose of their position? I'm tired of these people in the dept who jsut come eac day to make you feel uncomfortable because of their miserable lives. someone needs to look into this.||0||14635|
|What is the world's largest airline?||2||5357|
|What is the amount ZDK owes for electricity ?||1||3704|
|any audio or video of Minister Farrakhan speech at the Multi-purpose Centre?||1||3609|
Download Caribarena's Android App Click To Download