Antigua St John's - Caribarena.com has been attempting, since the May 23 publication of an article titled "Are We Living in a Microwave," to gain some response from officials in the telecommunications and other affected sectors. So far, our inquiries have been met with silence.
Telecommunications Minister Dr Edmond Mansoor has not returned two days' worth of our telephone calls and emails. The most recent call was placed on Wednesday to his office, and we were told that he was “probably” in a meeting and his secretary was unavailable. We again left our contact information.
Caribarena.com has even attempted to reach the minister through Director General of Government Communications Maurice Merchant, who assured that considering the nature of the matter he would consult with the minister and convey our desires for urgent communication.
Digicel and LIME, the two main players in the mobile and internet services industry, have both promised to consult with the relevant technical personnel.
Digicel Marketing Manager Troy Byrne, asked whether Digicel has internal guidelines for the placement of these towers and the frequency they emit, said, “If there are any guidelines, I am not aware of that.”
The questions are as follows:
As we know, Government has no rules and regulations in place to govern cellphone towers and the strengths of the signals emitted from the antennas,
* What Caribarena.com would like to know is if Digicel/LIME has regulations of its own in place.
* What sorts of factors are considered before the erection of a tower?
* What factors are considered before an antenna is attached?
* What consideration is put into action before the company decides what strength that antenna would broadcast?
* Are all antennas emitting the same signal strength?
* Have there been any talks with other mobile providers with regards to sharing towers?
* Are there any international guidelines that are employed with regards to this subject?
* Is the influx of towers and antennas locally mirrored across the region?
* Is the location of the towers and antennas considered with regards to the environs? For example schools, businesses etc.?
* Can you say how many towers Digicel/LIME has?
See related stories:
|Who was antigua's first Govenor General||1|
|WHICH ONE OF THE BIRD IS DEAD||1|
|How do you keep people safe and seen on your roads at night?||0|
|what kind of plants do giant african snails affect?||0|
|wat are the names of plant pests in antigua?||0|
|Was there a police report filed by Royal Caribbean Vision of the seas for the man, wife and 11 yr old child removed from the ship on December 20th, 2012 ? He allegedly attacked a man with a service dog on the ship and was set on the dock that day with hi||0||29417|
|PWD in shambles, what is the purpose of their position? I'm tired of these people in the dept who jsut come eac day to make you feel uncomfortable because of their miserable lives. someone needs to look into this.||0||14605|
|What is the world's largest airline?||2||5317|
|What is the amount ZDK owes for electricity ?||1||3664|
|any audio or video of Minister Farrakhan speech at the Multi-purpose Centre?||1||3579|
Download Caribarena's Android App Click To Download