A few days ago, I heard my brother-in-law say he couldn't wait for his two-month-old to start walking. My immediate response was, “Just wait until she does. You'll be holding your head and pulling out your last strand of hair!”
His sentiments are similar to those of many new parents who, from the beginning, can't seem to wait for their baby to start crawling, then running about. What some do not realize is that once their little peach is mobile and he/she starts exploring, every single thing in their home can prove to be a safety hazard.
In addition to constant adult supervision and continued vigilance, and to avoid serious injury or fatality, here are a few tips to make your home baby friendly:
1. Purchase and install plastic outlet plugs to protect against electric shock.
2. Install smoke detectors throughout your home and check and maintain regularly.
3. Put breakable and sharp objects out of children’s reach.
4. Lock away dangerous and poisonous objects.
5. Store matches out of children’s reach.
6. Turn pot handles inwards on the store.
7. Use protective rails and gates to keep children out of the kitchen and away from stairs and exits.
8. Place childproof latches on cabinet doors and drawers.
9. Use 4 to 5 ft fencing for pools and other dangerous areas.
10. Ensure that children are unable to reach curtain cords or anything that can strangle them.
11. Install door and window safety locks.
12. Secure heavy furniture or objects that may fall over if children start to climb.
13. Remove loose rugs.
14. Secure visible electrical cords.
15. Purchase age appropriate baby gear and toys and check regular to ensure they meet regulation.
|How do you keep people safe and seen on your roads at night?||0|
|what kind of plants do giant african snails affect?||0|
|wat are the names of plant pests in antigua?||0|
|how can i get in touch with musicians to start a new touring reggae band in antigua||2|
|who agrees that the government should pay the school teaches and improve the libraries instead of buying school students expensive tablets||1|
|Was there a police report filed by Royal Caribbean Vision of the seas for the man, wife and 11 yr old child removed from the ship on December 20th, 2012 ? He allegedly attacked a man with a service dog on the ship and was set on the dock that day with hi||0||28733|
|PWD in shambles, what is the purpose of their position? I'm tired of these people in the dept who jsut come eac day to make you feel uncomfortable because of their miserable lives. someone needs to look into this.||0||14597|
|What is the world's largest airline?||2||5303|
|What is the amount ZDK owes for electricity ?||1||3648|
|any audio or video of Minister Farrakhan speech at the Multi-purpose Centre?||1||3564|
Download Caribarena's Android App Click To Download